IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
CIVIL APPELLATE JURISDICTION
CIVIL APPEAL NO.6345 OF 2017
[@ SPECIAL LEAVE PETITION (C) NO. 14781 OF 2017]
[@ SPECIAL LEAVE PETITION (C)…..CC. NO. 8526/2017]
DELHI DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY APPELLANT(S)
SIMLA DEVI AND ORS RESPONDENT(S)
J U D G M E N T
2. Leave granted.
3. The issue, in principle, is covered against the appellant by
judgments in Civil Appeal No. 8477 of 2016 arising out of Special Leave
Petition (C) No. 8467 of 2015 and Civil Appeal No. 5811 of 2015 arising out
of Special Leave Petition (C) No. 21545 of 2015.
4. This appeal is, accordingly, dismissed.
5. In the peculiar facts and circumstances of this case, the appellant
is given a period of six months to exercise its liberty granted under
Section 24(2) of the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land
Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013 for initiation of
the acquisition proceedings afresh.
6. We make it clear that in case no fresh acquisition proceedings are
initiated within the said period of six months from today by issuing a
Notification under Section 11 of the Act, the appellant, if in possession,
shall return the physical possession of the land to the owner.
7. Pending applications, if any, shall stand disposed of.
8. There shall be no orders as to costs.
MAY 04, 2017.