IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
CIVIL APPELLATE JURISDICTION
CIVIL APPEAL NOS.5819-5822 OF 2017
[@ SPECIAL LEAVE PETITION (C) NOS.12616-12619/2017]
NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA SAMITI AND ORS ETC. ETC. APPELLANT(S)
AFSHAN KHAN AND ORS ETC. ETC. RESPONDENT(S)
J U D G M E N T
2. Mr. Gopal Sankaranarayanan, learned counsel, appears and waives
notice for all the respondents on behalf of Ms. Rakhi Ray, Advocate-on-
3. Leave granted.
4. With the consent of the learned Solicitor General of India appearing
for the appellants and Mr. Gopal Sankaranarayanan, learned counsel
appearing for the respondents, these appeals are disposed of at the
5. The appellants are before this Court, aggrieved by the interim order
passed by the High Court in effect directs of reinstatement of the
respondents during the pendency of these appeals.
6. In the background of the case including the order passed by this
Court in C.A. No.4416 of 2016, we are of the view that the High Court could
not have granted interim order for reinstatement.
7. Therefore, these appeals are disposed of as follows:-
i. We request the High Court of Madhya Pradesh, Bench at Jabalpur to
dispose of Writ Petition No.19101 of 2016 and connected matters
expeditiously, preferably within a period of eight weeks from the date of
production of a copy of this judgment.
ii. Till the order is passed by the High Court in the writ petition as
above, the respondents are not to be taken back for work.
8. Pending applications, if any, shall stand disposed of.
9. There shall be no orders as to costs.
MAY 01, 2017.